With the advent of COVID-19, the restaurant and hospitality industry has been forced to adapt to the rapid changes in hygiene and safety of customers. Restaurants and Hotels not only have to adopt evolving industry standards for cleanliness. They have to let their customers know that they are taking the best of measures.
QR Menu is the solution to address the safety and cleanliness of restaurants and hotels. Not only does a QR code menu offer a touch-free menu experience but also ensures minimal & germ-free dining. With paper menu now being a thing of the past, let’s understand how to scan this QR code and access the dishes or services offered by the restaurant or a hotel. Scanning a QR code is fairly simple, you can use the How to Scan a QR Code infographic that you can place anywhere to help your customers understand the process.
How do I Scan a QR Code with my Phone?
It is fairly similar to use the QR code Menu on an iPhone or an Android Device. Hence, we shall explain a step by step process for both the systems together.
How do I Scan a QR Menu from my Phone?
- Google Lens.
- Camera App.
Let’s first take a look at, How to Scan a QR menu with the Camera App from the Phone.
- Open the Camera app. You can do this from the Home or Lock screens.
- Point your device at the QR code menu so that it appears on your screen similar to any other time you’ve taken a picture.
- The device will recognize the QR code menu and will show you a notification at the top or at the bottom of your screen.
- Click on the notification to access the digital menu.
Now, let’s take a look at it. How to Scan a QR menu with the Browser from your Phone.
- Open the default Browser on your phone, for eg. Safari, Chrome, Firefox, etc
- Type hiqr.in to the URL.
- Once the hiqr.in the website opens up, you will see a scanner flashing on your screen.
- Point your device at the QR code menu so that the QR code appears on your screen.
- An “Open Link” notification will pop up on your screen.
- Click on the link to access the digital menu.
Last but not the least, let’s take a look at How to Scan a QR menu with the Google Lens from the Phone.
- Download the Google Lens App from the iOS store for iPhone users & Play Store for Android Users.
- Open the Google App and press the Google Lens icon on the right side of the search bar. It’s immediately to the left of the microphone icon at the far right side of the search bar.
- Point your device at the QR code menu so that it appears on your screen.
- A notification will pop up at the middle & bottom of the screen. Click on the notification to access the digital menu.
Rolling out a touchless menu has become a necessity in the current times of this pandemic. Keeping that in mind, SHOOCAL is offering FREE DIGITAL MENU / FREE QR CODE MENU to all the restaurants and hotels around the world. We would like to do our bit to support the F&B and Hospitality industry during these difficult times. A QR code menu signals to your customers that you’re committed to giving them a safe, germ-free experience.
QR code menus can be easily scanned by almost all smartphone cameras. Even if the camera app fails to scan the QR code menu, there are tons of QR Scanner apps available on the Google Play Store & iOS store. and QR code scanners allow us to scan from farther away and at numerous angles. Read our How to Scan a QR code menu to understand the complete process.